Last weekend was a wonderful time of relaxing and getting to know Nakuru and Baby Centre (BC) better. Sunday we attended the Ngata Africa Gospel Church (AGC) which is right next to the Baby Centre. The service was a baby dedication service for 21 of the BC babies. What an experience! We went early to help the caregivers get the little ones bathed and dressed in their nice Sunday clothes. Then we helped carry over all the children and keep them entertained during the first part of the service. I was holding sweet little Adam who is just about a month old. He slept most the time but when he was awake he was a great baby and just looked around at all that was happening. No crying for him! Chris on the other hand got a fussy little boy, James. He just couldn't sleep in the position he wanted to while being held, so he let everyone know he was uncomfortable every few minutes! Chris ended up trading babies with Colleen and then he had sweet little Hope who fell in love with him. When the time of the baby dedication arrived, there were 21 people holding 21 babies (plus a few church members who wanted their own children dedicated) standing in the front of the church and the pastors prayed for the babies one by one. I had the last little one to be prayed over, so my legs were really rather tired by the time I got to sit down again. It was a wonderful experience though and we were blessed watching all those precious little ones, who have been given up, being prayed over and loved by so many people!
Monday I started feeling a little sick but was able to make it through the day. It just got worse as the week went on and finally by Thursday I was pretty miserable. We were finally able to get a hold of a doctor at Tenwek and he was able to diagnose me and text me a prescription. We headed down to the pharmacy where we got my meds for 20 shillings (25 cents American) and after taking them have been feeling so much better! I still get tired really easily am sometimes weak, but am SO much better than what I was last week! I am so thankful.
Friday we moved to the Vanderhoof's house. We will be living in their house while they are gone to the States until the end of August so we are finally unpacked and settled in somewhere! What a good feeling that is! Vanderhoofs have been wonderful showing us the ropes of living here and how to get around town and stuff like that! We will miss them when they leave tomorrow morning for the States. We have so enjoyed spending time with them and getting to know them better.
Sunday (yesterday) after church and lunch we went up to Menengai Crater, just at the top of the hill where we live. What a spectacular view! It was fun getting to see it and the view from up that high. We also enjoyed hiking around the Crater a bit.
Chris and I overlooking the Menengai Crater.
Well....it is Monday now. We are both back home from our places of work. Chris has been enjoying getting to do more around the office. I spent a good several hours out at the Baby Centre doing physical therapy with the kids. As I write this we are sitting out on the patio playing Phase 10 and listening to the African rain beat down on the Earth!
Hope everyone is having a good start to the week!
Lizz
No comments:
Post a Comment