We just wanted to update you all on what has happened so far since we arrived in Kenya!
We arrived just fine Saturday night. The flights felt long and I got a bit sick during the first long flight, but we survived and we are here safely and I feel perfectly fine now! We got our visas in a breeze and our luggage was some of the first off the plane, so we picked it up fast. It was so great to see Mom and Dad and Chris at the airport. We all piled into the van and headed to Robyn Moore's to drop Mary off for the night. We all then went back to the WGM guesthouse and sat around and talked until we were all ready for bed.
Sunday morning we went back over to Robyn's for a delicious breakfast and for field orientation. After breakfast we made a couple stops at some stores to grab a couple things then went back to the guesthouse to load up the car. On our way out to RVA to drop Chris off we stopped at Java House for lunch. It was so good! We then headed out to RVA and spent about an hour there. I was able to see my old dorm mom and see Chris' dorm. I am looking forward to having more time at RVA. We left Chris, my brother, there and the four of us headed home to Tenwek.
My goodness the roads to Tenwek have improved so much since we were here last! It was quite a nice ride home :) We got to see some giraffe in the valley and got out along the side of the road to get some pictures of them!
It is so wonderful to be home! There is just this piece of me that finally fit back into place as soon as I got off the plane in Nairobi. I have missed everything so much! I am soaking in the sounds, smells and sights of my homeland. We will try to post some pictures later when our internet connection is better!
Thanks for reading!
Lizz
No comments:
Post a Comment